Hold clinical membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
Am an active member of the North American Association of Christian Social Workers.
In addition to my counseling practice, I…
- speak widely on a variety of health and wellness topics
- serve several church fellowships – providing educational programming, counseling and consultation
- provide consultation and supervision for colleagues, pastors, and local community leaders
- publish articles and booklets on a variety of topics. Our most recent title is “Getting Unstuck: Bouncing Back Up When Life Gets You Down”.
Over the past 25 years, my private practice in individual, marriage, and family therapy has evolved to include direct consultation and counseling services for area churches, and creation of a template program for the provision of church-based mental health services and proactive family enrichment.
I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois and a Master’s degree in clinical social work from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
In addition, my postgraduate work includes:
- Specialized studies in marriage and family therapy theory, practice, and research
- Advanced conflict management and mediation training
- Biblically based counseling concentrations including coursework, supervision, and research
- Preparation for provision of professional supervision
- Brief solution-focused therapy modalities